Monday, May 24, 2010

new tasty EASY dinner

Ok, so here is the long and short of it.. I was trying to plan the meals for the week (at least roughly) and wanted tacos.. well.. no ground meat in the house.. ugh.. so I thought.. well.. restaurants make tacos out of LOTS of things.. pulled pork, chicken, beef.. why cant I?? so I took a pork roast and made this up.. and oh man it was GOOD..

2lbs boneless pork roast
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic powder (yes, garlic powder, it just works better for this..)
1 teaspoon cyanne powder
1 cup salsa

toss everything together in the crock pot and let it go on low for 6 to 8 hours (I did 6, but think 8 might have made it fall apart more) then take the meat out and let it rest. Then take the liquid from the crock pot, put it in a pan and heat it to simmering, while that is going shred the pork and then toss into the liquid. heat thru and then thicken with a bit of cornstarch and water.. and then the best part.. MAKE TACOS!!! so good.. I was shocked at how good it was.. and thrilled!! try it!! you will like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment