Wednesday, April 7, 2010

breakfast for dinner..

Yesterday was just one of those days where I couldnt think of what I felt like having for dinner.. getting ready to go back on the diet makes me want to enjoy a few things first.. and yet couldnt think of anything that we had in that I wanted. So I looked at the leftovers.. turkey pot pie filling.. nah.. (going to have that tomorrow night) oh.. a little hunk of steak.. lots of eggs (mostly raw lol) cheese.. you see where I am going here? well here is what I made..

Steak Quiche

8 eggs
2 tablespoons salsa
1/3ish teaspoon salt
1/3ish teaspoon pepper
1/4ish cup milk (I dont measure it, I just add how much I think I need)
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup leftover steak cut thin and small
pam

preheat the oven to 350*
in a large bowl beat eggs milk salt and pepper together
spray a 9" pie plate with pam, sprinkle the steak in as evenly as you can, same with salsa, and cheese. Pour egg mixture over everything. Bake for 30-45ish mins or till a knife can be inserted in the center and comes out clean. (WARNING: this will grow, eggs puff when you cook them, dont worry, they will deflate) cool for 5 mins serve and enjoy!

I also did this one..

Steak and Broccoli Quiche

8 eggs
1/3ish teaspoon salt
1/3ish teaspoon pepper

1/4ish cup milk (again no measuring)
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup leftover steak cut thin and small 
1/2 10oz package frozen broccoli, cooked and WELL drained
pam

preheat the oven to 350*
in a large bowl beat eggs milk salt and pepper together
spray a 9" pie plate with pam, sprinkle the steak in as evenly as you can, same with broccoli, and cheese. Pour egg mixture over everything. Bake for 30-45ish mins or till a knife can be inserted in the center and comes out clean. cool for 5 mins serve and enjoy!


I served these with french toast made with homemade challah bread.. Now I have no eggs, no bread in the freezer, and no leftover steak! I do have half of each quiche in the freezer and 6 pieces of the french toast as well. those will make for easy feeding later on of the rest of the house.

On the same line, you can put just about anything you like into quiche. there are only 4 things I find you MUST have.. eggs, cheese, milk and salt. I made one with no salt, bad idea. No cheese, why thats just silly, and the milk too, and as for the eggs.. yea.. I want to see you make this with out them (or egg substitute if you MUST) .

So I was told that it was like having steak and eggs, and I made a serving and a half of plain steak serve the 4 of us, and have leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment