Tuesday, December 22, 2009

more random then you can imagine

So why is it that when I try to lay down to go to bed I think, "OH!! I cant forget to get this at the store" and expect to remember it?? Normally after that one thing I come up with a dozen or so, and then cant remember one in the morning. I will then go to the store that night, and get home and THEN (and only THEN) remember what it is I remembered before sleep that I needed to get. I have a rather large list I need o make today for Christmas. I am doing brunch here for the grandparents to watch the DDs open their gifts, and then an open house from 2 till 6. What was I thinking?? There are still boxes in the dining room, I cant find everything I think I need.. ack!! oh well.. I will get to it.. I hope..

Oh, just so that you know.. I discovered the WORST way ever to get woken up in the middle of the night by your own body... with a mouthful of vomit and a leg cramp... what is that??? I mean really.. pick ONE.. not both.. it isnt fair.. not even close..

So not to mention things over and over, but I have realized that the only time I have to myself is when I am driving. I can put the music all the way up, listen to what I want, say what I want.. it doesnt matter.. And people wonder why I love it when it snows and I can sit in the totally snow covered car and just have the quiet.. everything is muffled then.. I love it.. too bad I didnt get to do that this weekend.. oh well.. next time it snows..

I am hoping that one of the things I can include here from time to time is a recipe that you might like to try. They are most always simple things that can be thrown together easily with not much thought or prep. And ones for the crockpot (the best invention ever for busy parents OR just busy people that come home late and still have to cook) can use (99.9% of the time) frozen meats. No defrosting required!! This is the one that I think I am going to make tonight.. it is one of my FAVORITES!!! not to mention it has 4 ingredients.. Ok, so you have to choose a side, and starch.. but come on now... instant taters? frozen veggies?? so that like 5 mins to finish dinner, and 5 to get it going.. how can you complain?? so here it is.. you can repost it, but I would like the credit as I did create it... (yes, it does sound odd, but it is GREAT, I promise)


Cran-pineapple Pork

1 pork roast (frozen or not) The size that will fit in your crockpot well
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 can pineapple chunks
chopped garlic to taste

put roast into crockpot, open can of cranberry sauce and dump in (you can break it up a little) open can of pineapple (steal a few pieces cause they are yummy) and dump in, juice and all, toss the garlic in over everything. Put on low for about 8ish hours. (6 if its thawed) Take roast out, turn crock to high,  thicken the liquid for gravy buy using cornstarch and water (it is just a faster way, and easier for the crockpot I find) make veggies, make a starch, and there you go!!!


see.. I told you.. like 5 mins prep, and 5 mins to finish..

ok.. this is long now.. I am going.. need to do the evil dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment